The novel Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse, is considered a classic among teachers, religious leaders, students, and people seeking inspiration. Siddhartha is about a young Brahmn who goes on a quest in search for harmony and peace. Through his quest, Siddhartha (Buddha) learns that wisdom can only be acquired through struggle and experience. Along his journey, he encounters Gotama, Vasudeva, and many others that give him wise words along his discovery towards enlightenment.
In the novel, Buddha learns that wisdom can’t be taught, it can only be learned through suffering, pain, loss, and fear—which are unavoidable. These enlightening words resonate because abstractions are inevitable and universal. We all will face heavy times, so we must persevere and that love and peace can help get us through our day to day problems.
9 quotes from Buddha that will Inspire you and help you along your Spiritual Journey
- Wisdom cannot be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else … knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.
- It is not for me to judge another man’s life. I must judge, I must choose, I must spurn, purely for myself. For myself, alone.
- I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value.
- It may be important to great thinkers to examine the world, to explain and despise it. But I think it is only important to love the world, not to despise it, not for us to hate each other, but to be able to regard the world and ourselves and all beings with love, admiration and respect.
- Opinions mean nothing; they may be beautiful or ugly, clever or foolish, anyone can embrace or reject them.
- Everyone can perform magic, everyone can reach his goals, if he is able to think, if he is able to wait, if he is able to fast.
- Let us enjoy this fruit and await further ones.
- Knowledge can be conveyed, but not wisdom. It can be found, it can be lived, it is possible to be carried by it, miracles can be performed with it, but it cannot be expressed in words and taught.
- Writing is good, thinking is better. Being smart is good, being patient is better.
Wherever you are in your spiritual journey, it’s always a good idea to take a pause, to re-calibrate and try to stay on your path in life.
Namaste´ 🙏🏼 Team Sivalya
Leave a comment